Monday, May 31, 2010

A Snow-Globe Mind (Meditation vs. Reality)

A SNOW-GLOBE MIND

God, grant me a snow-globe mind
where visions swirl in sensuous patterns
lovely and peaceful
Only to settle and wait to be stirred again
at a time of my own choosing

Better than this incessant strobe light
An intermittent blinking neon sign
Shining through my eyelids, shaking awake my mind
It has me on my knees
begging for a blackout
if only to cease the pulsating distraction
of a senseless, endless, unrelenting
throb of thoughts

© 2010 Amy Barlow Liberatore/Sharp Little Pencil

1 comment:

  1. we all crave for some moments of absolute peace,undistracted by our worries or thoughts.But our thoughts are so attached to us that they refuse to leave us alone.It will take big effort to achieve that state of peaceful mind and meditation is the best path one can choose.

    ReplyDelete