Thursday, May 20, 2010

"Lunes" - sweet, sad, salty

Robert challenged us with a new form: the Lune. A Kelly Lune works in 3-5-3 syllables; a Collum Lune in 3-5-3 words. Here are attempts at both… a little sweet, a little sad, and a little salty!


PHONE CALLS FROM L.A.

My daughter calls
No matter when or where
I pick up

Speaks of days
School, friends, gigs, new paintings
I listen

We are different
Yet our laughter’s the same
And our crying


FATIGUE

God I am so tired
Yet my eyelids will not close
Tomorrow hovers


ACTUAL PICKUP LUNES
(GUARANTEED 100% UNSUCCESSUL)

Come here often?
Are you a real blonde?
Live near here?

Wake me up…
I must still be dreaming
Want a Quaalude?

2 comments:

  1. Heehee. "PIckup Lunes" cracked me up! Love it!
    And "tomorrow hovers" is going to stick with me. What an amazing way to say it. And so very, very true. Nice work, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just loved Phone Calls from L.A. All of them really, but especially he third one! I will have to try a few lunes!

    ReplyDelete