Thursday, April 29, 2010

My First Publication

It's a big thrill for a writer to get that first publication. I've had websites pick up my work before, but holding the journal in my hands was a buzz!

SUDDENLY THE POSTMAN RINGS

It lay in the mailbox for an hour
Bathed by sun on our front porch, it was
warm to the touch.

Ripping open the wrapping
all is revealed
"The Awakenings Review"

Suddenly, I am published
Not the same as melisma and other
cyber publications

Tangible, touchable
Held in my hands
not by my computer screen

One speaks of abuse
One of the onset of depression
One of psychiatrists

All are me
All have something in common with other contributors
All of us, mentally ill and still creating

Suddenly, my entire world changed
There are still dishes to be washed
But first, a little writing...

1 comment:

  1. Yap!! We'll never get tired of books and paper!

    ReplyDelete